Well after doing my homework on my thyroid problem and TTC (trying to conceive) I have come to the conclusion that my TSH levels need to be between 1 and 2. I currently have no clue to what they are as all I get back from my local GP when you ring and ask for the results is....."normal".........OK and this helps how??
The "normal" range can be anything from 0.5 to 5.5. So I could well be within the national guidelines of being normal but it might not be low enough to TTC.
I find this frustrating as NO ONE has mentioned this to me.....not my GP, not my fertility Consultant and nor my Endocrinologist Consultant. You would of thought it would of been mentioned by at least one of these people but then again it shouldn't really matter to them as I already have a child!!! Grrrrrr, it really annoys me.
I am not willing to put us through financial and emotional struggles for this journey for it to end up not working all because of my TSH levels when I should of been told. I am glad I have done my homework and researched it all now.
So where am I now after all this apart from fuming?? Waiting to go and speak to my local GP to find my exact blood work from at least the past 2 blood tests!!! I hope to God that they are going to be co-operative today and if my levels aren't low enough, which I have a feeling they aren't as I'm putting weight on left right and centre, then I want my medication upping and if they aren't willing to do it then I will speak to the practice manager, if that doesn't work then I will go even further......I am not letting this lie..........
Appointment is at 10:50am today......wish me luck!!
The "normal" range can be anything from 0.5 to 5.5. So I could well be within the national guidelines of being normal but it might not be low enough to TTC.
I find this frustrating as NO ONE has mentioned this to me.....not my GP, not my fertility Consultant and nor my Endocrinologist Consultant. You would of thought it would of been mentioned by at least one of these people but then again it shouldn't really matter to them as I already have a child!!! Grrrrrr, it really annoys me.
I am not willing to put us through financial and emotional struggles for this journey for it to end up not working all because of my TSH levels when I should of been told. I am glad I have done my homework and researched it all now.
So where am I now after all this apart from fuming?? Waiting to go and speak to my local GP to find my exact blood work from at least the past 2 blood tests!!! I hope to God that they are going to be co-operative today and if my levels aren't low enough, which I have a feeling they aren't as I'm putting weight on left right and centre, then I want my medication upping and if they aren't willing to do it then I will speak to the practice manager, if that doesn't work then I will go even further......I am not letting this lie..........
Appointment is at 10:50am today......wish me luck!!
No comments:
Post a Comment