Well off I toddled to my local GP this morning for 10:50am.....dragging my 9 yr old with me in the peeing down rain. Once arrived got told the GP was running 10 minutes late. I was unsure how this appointment would go as I said in my last post that the GP I usually see had left the clinic :o(.
When I got called through I was greeted by a lovely smile and then I realised she was the GP that actually referred me about my goitre to get it checked out as my GP wasn't available at the time. Oooooo how relived was I to come across this woman who already had knowledge on my health record.
As I started to explain how I wasn't happy with the reply of "Everything is normal with your bloods" when I had my last appointment (with the nurse for my flu jab) she agreed. She gave me the information I was actually after......my TSH levels. The last 2 tests............
30/08/2011.....Free T4 7.6 and TSH 7.50 Thyroid Antibodies 1092
04/11/2011.....Free T4 11.0 and TSH 4.15
Oooooo how pleased am I???
It's coming down but it's not as low as I would like it. The Dr explained to me how my Endocrinologist Consultant at the hospital wants my medication upping if my levels weren't below 4. As you can see the last test it wasn't quiet below 4 so she has upped my dosage of Levothyroxine from 50mg to 75mg per day.
OK the results are in the normal clinical guidelines as T4 Free should be between 7.86 and 14.41 and the TSH should be between 0.35 and 5.50.
I am actually wanting to get between 1 and 2, I know it can't be rushed and I don't want to rush it and I can see light at the end of the tunnel so my next hurdle with this will be my Endocrinologist at the hospital on 12th January 2012. I was very plesantly surprised that the appointment with my Endo wasn't in Febuary as first thought but in Jan. I hope he is going to agree with me and get my levels to where I want them. I will have to go for another blood test before seeing him to see what they will be nearer the time, especially as my medication has been upped, even though they should of been upped 2 months ago.
I am actually pleased everything is on track for now.......Dear husband has his appointment 22nd Dec 2011 to start the process of sperm sharing.......................
hi i wish you all the best with your next app xx
ReplyDeleteI totally understand you wanting another child after all you have had the chance to exprience what it like to bring a little person into the world. Which understandably has made you want to do it allover again only to find you need help this time round must be heart breaking. I hope you have success in the new year xxx
Many thanks "Tink".....I do hope you find a way through your journey I have read your blog but there was no way I could follow it as I can't find the follow button...... :o(
ReplyDeleteTake care and good luck with your journey, I know how tough it can be. x x